Monday, August 03, 2009

A New Week, A New Writing Goal

I had a great weekend. My sister and niece came to visit me, which is a rare occurance. I loved spending time with them, shopping for back to school clothes for Emily. She's a good little shopper. She had a budget and stuck to it. She looked only at the sale racks when the store we were in was among the more expensive. She's also very stylish. She really knows what is cute and fits her body well. Of course, every thing fits her body well. She's only 5'2", but she's got one of those small frames, the kind they actually make all the cute clothes for. Her only problem is finding pants SMALL enough. My sister was rejoicing because now Em is in a size 1, instead of a double zero, which they could never find.

After we spent the day shopping, I dropped into my neighbor's party. I like to go over right at the beginning, before all his guests get drunk, which they tend to do at his parties. After a brief stop, since my sister didn't want to attend the party with me, since she is quite shy, I came on home and then we went up to the square in Smyrna--Beth, Emily, myself and my friend Cindy--where Smyrna was having its annual birthday party. I love fireworks! And Smyrna has a fireworks show twice a year--at New Year's and at the birthday party. Although it took some work to talk my tired sister into going, I think she was happy that she went.

Unfortunately, Emily was exceedingly tired, and she hadn't eaten much. She also had a bad allergic reaction to my kitty cat. When we got home, we ordered pizza from Dominos. Warning: if you order online from Domino's, the online pizza tracker is a COMPLETE FRAUD. In fact, I will never order from Domino's again. The online tracker said that our pizza was put in a warming bag at 10:42. When I called to check on when it would arrive at my house, which was at 11:20, the cook told me that they had just put it in the oven. I went down there to pick it up, rather than wait for delivery. Of course, by the time I got it home, it was cold. Cold, crappy pizza. What a waste of money. And, they just pissed me off, with that on-line tracker thing being a complete lie.

We all slept in on Sunday morning, although my sleep-in was interrupted by taking Patches for a short walk (just around the block, rather than the 2 mile route that I try to walk most days). I came back home and actually went back to bed. Slept until 11:00. That might be the latest I've ever slept in in my entire life. I may be an afternoon napper, but I don't sleep late very often. Even in college, when my roommates could sleep until noon or one o'clock, I couldn't.

Beth and Emily left at about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. I was supposed to grade and/or write at that point. What did I really do, though? I napped. And then my friend Lori stopped by as she drove back to the Knoxville area after a surprise early-birthday visit to her mom. That was a good time too.

But my writing output for the weekend: nil. Blah.

1 comment:

The Writers Canvas, Author Elaine Calloway said...

Maybe you didn't write but you got out and about, which often helps the mind.

Use the experience to write a YA scene abt a kid shopping for clothes :) Anything can be fodder for fiction!

Elaine