Monday, August 10, 2009

Broken promises to myself

I barely wrote creatively this week, so I am disappointed in myself. I've been writing in my head, but it doesn't count unless it makes it into black and white, does it?

I did fill out a job application for a communications position that I would be perfect for. Although I like the job I have now, as an adjunct professor at Chattahoochee Tech, adjuncts just don't get paid enough. I would seriously like to have more money. I am in no way a spendthrift, but there is just so much a girl can economize. In addition to having big travel cravings right now, my house is seriously in need of some repairs. I've been saving up for them, but saving to replace the broken air conditioner during 90+ degree heat has sucked! I want to replace it NOW!

So, creative efforts are going more toward dreaming up ways to add income, rather than to writing. My capstone MUST get finished this semester, however, so it is very high on my list of things to do.

Plus, I really want to start getting some of my writing published. I do believe that it is publish-worthy, if I can take the time to do the research to submit it in the right places.

In addition, I want to add "big-time travel writer" to my resume'. I have an idea for travel to Scotland that is a bit unusual. I'm hoping to go next summer...

No comments: