Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Women's Wildfire Rally 09

I'm a big consumer of self-help books. This week, I've been indulging in listening to a free teleseminar, the Women's Wildfire Rally 09. I was turned onto this possibility by an e-mail newsletter written by Valerie Young, of ChangingCourse.com. Valerie Young provides coaching services to people who are attempting to change careers to work at work they love. The Women's Wildfire Rally teleseminar is organized and hosted by Carrie Wilkerson, The Barefoot Executive. I've really enjoyed listening to these teleseminars and learned a lot of good information to help monetize my creative efforts. You might want to see if you can sign up for the last two days of these seminars.

Do you know how a teleseminar works? All you have to do is dial in to a conference call and listen. I dial a long-distance number...but I have unlimited long-distance. I listen for an hour, but after 7 p.m., I am not burning minutes (I don't think, maybe I should double check that). Carrie Wilkerson has been speaking to 4 women entrepreneurs every evening, for only 15 minutes each. I've learned a lot from them. Some I liked better than others, but I think all of them were worth listening to for the 15 minute chat.

If , like I am, you are interested in teaching any sort of class in a continuing ed sort of context, teleseminars might be the way to go. I think it might be worthwhile exploring this concept and offering a class teaching creative non-fiction.

1 comment:

The Writers Canvas, Author Elaine Calloway said...

Sounds interesting. Would be good to see a blog post which highlights bullet pts of what you learned.

Agree on teleseminars, conf calls, etc. Able to reach many people across time zones vs. Teaching in person.

Thx
Elaine