Monday, July 20, 2009

Why am I blocked?

I've been reading Dr. Wayne Dyer's Excuses Begone!, How to Change Lifelong Self-Defeating Thinking Habits, which I believe is doing me some good. I haven't applied it, yet, to my writing; although, for the last three days, the advice from the book has been helping me stick to a low-cal eating plan. Now, I need to apply it to my daily writing habit...or, non-habit, as the case has been lately. I have no idea why I am so blocked right now. Is it hard? Not so much...turn on the computer, sit, type. Is it scary? Well, physically, I am in no danger. Mentally, they are just words on the page at this point, right? Will writing/publishing these words create family drama? I don't think so, because I sincerely doubt any of my family will read them. So, why the block? I don't know. I haven't finished reading the Excuses Begone! book. Maybe, by the end, I'll have figured it out.

No comments: