Saturday, November 25, 2006

Musings on Creativity

Really, I know that "musings on creativity" is kind of a silly title for this blog posting, since it is the name of my entire blog, but it is apropos today.

Creativity is not an idea, it's an act.

Don't judge creativity harshly. The act of creativity is sometimes more important than the quality of the product produced. Sometimes the only goal is doing the act.

The worst idea is the one not captured.

When capturing ideas, the simplest tools are the best tools. Thank you pen and paper.

Try new creative endeavors to feed new ideas in the ones you regularly work in.

Writing down, sketching out, recording your ideas, makes reality out of imagination. Imagination is great, but what if the Grimm Brothers had never written their tales down? They might not be remembered now, and the world would be lesser if we didn't have Cinderella, Rapunzel, or Sleeping Beauty.

Why do I get my best ideas in the shower? I've dealt with the "getting ideas in the car" problem by investing in an audio cassette recorder (I like the low tech stuff) but I haven't come up with a paper that won't get wet.

No comments: