Saturday, November 18, 2006

Apologies

I try to blog every week, but this week, I've been resistant to doing so. I don't know why, except that all my creative energies have been diverted into finishing replacing my living room floor.

I love to decorate, and feel like I would have been a good professional decorator. My only problem right now with it is that I rent my second bedroom to a friend. He's a friend, so I agreed to allow him to add his some of his stuff to the living and dining room. His exceedingly modern stuff. My other friends can't decide if the chandelier hanging over the dining table looks like a spaceship or something that should hang over a conference table. Really, I keep wondering why those damn aliens invaded my home and not Wired's offices.

And then there's the blue-green chair in the living room. The one that looks, to me, that it was modeled after one of those acrylic commemorative baseball stands. And if I was 3 inches taller, it would be comfortable. But I'm not 3 inches taller. So I never sit there.

Ah well. It's been good to have the extra $$, and when he gets his PhD and a job and moves out, I will miss him. But not his furniture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, from one who used to write a blog entry several times a week... I can certainly relate. My entire life seems to have turned inward, and what is outward cannot be shared. I'll be glad when the current mess is all over and the dust settles and I start feeling like me again.