Monday, March 20, 2006

Resistance

When you are working on creative projects, do you finish them?

I admit, I have so many projects that are only half done.

I get to a point where I am tested by the project and I get stalled. Sometimes the test is of my skill level. Sometimes the test is time. I get to a point where I am bored with working on the same piece and just give it up. And sometimes I know that I am resisting a piece because I am afraid of it.

Right now, I have to write a memoir for my Creative Nonfiction class. Its the toughest assignment that I've had in a long time. I don't want to write about me. If you find out my secrets, will you still like me? I'm just plain afraid to be as honest as a memoir requires.

But, hey! I have to evaluate my writing process as a part of the class. That's a whole other assignment. I think that will be just re-writing this blog, so it's at least partially done already.

No comments: