Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February!

Well, it's the middle of February and for once I don't feel depressed. You know what I think it is? It's because I have a job that I actually like. Of course, I'm waiting on pins and needles to see if I will be hired full-time to do what I now do part-time, but at least I feel like I am contributing something to the world with what I do now. I worked for so long without that feeling. I know other people like working just to make money, but I've never had that goal. (Although more money than I make right now is necessary....)

I've decided that even if I don't get the job which I so dearly want, then I definitely have to stay in a field where I feel like I am doing good in the world, that I am working for a worthwhile purpose. My friend Rashida is working for Goodwill; my friend Kia is teaching high school. My friends Lou, Leigh, and Jessica are all professors. They all do good in the world. My friend Val is studying to be a minister. And my friend Charles already is a minister. My calling isn't in ministry. I really feel like my calling is to combine my creativity and my skills to do good...hopefully by continuting to teach where I do right now.

But, if it doesn't work out, then I will just continue working with the combo in mind....using my writing skills to benefit the world.

No comments: