Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Big step!

I took a big step forward on the journey of my new creative project yesterday, with the help of a supportive writer friend. It is always so good when friends are supportive of what you do.

Is there anything worse than someone you love and appreciate standing there and giving you the skeptical eye when you announce you are going to become a writer/painter/sculptor/dancer/musician? No. There is not!

I admit, however, that I have been guilty once or twice in my life of being the skeptic, when other people have announced their grand plans. Then, the skeptics looked at me, and I realized how bad that feels. I have learned a) not to talk too much about my plans unless they are well under way and b) to be loving and encouraging of others, even if I think that my friends' plans are too grandiose. Who knows what knowledge and reserves of strength really lurk in the hearts of men and women?

Hope all of your creative projects are going well!

1 comment:

The Writers Canvas, Author Elaine Calloway said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! Appreciate it!

Glad the project is underway and keep us posted on how it is going. Yes, definitely a good suggestion on not opening up too quickly until a project is underway, because any feedback in this fragile state can affect your momentum. I think Steven King refers to ideas in this stage as footprints in a snowfall...very delicate and can be covered up or smushed if too much outside influence is allowed in the beginning stages.

Thanks again!
Elaine