Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Time to Celebrate

I realized lately that I use this blog to whine about mental blocks to my creative efforts and I rarely use it to celebrate when I have been able to climb over those mental blocks. So today, I am going to use my blog to celebrate, and also to muse about why I don't do that more often.

Lately, I have had several successes. I have finished several assigned articles for a magazine. I have conducted an interview with the editor-in-chief of an academic journal and written a paper on that information. I feel really good about that paper, too. I've gotten my resume together too, and actually submitted it for a job! (Thanks for the help, Jessica.)

My friend Lou often tells me that I am incredibly self-critical. I know I am. And I think that there is a big connection between that self-criticism and those mental blocks that interfere with my creativity.

Luckily, I have been able lately to feel good about my work/accomplish my work/do more work.

How do I keep the flow coming? That is a trick to figure out.

No comments: