Saturday, April 15, 2006

New Book Recommendation!

I've just found a new book to recommend! Although it's not on "creativity" it's on writing, so it's obviously, it's actually about creativity, just a focused form. And I believe that's sometimes much more helpful...at least for the writers reading this. Maybe not so if you are a painter or knitter.

I've read a ton of books for writers. This is turning into my favorite, because it provides such concrete details. It's not esoteric, touchy-feely, at all. (For a funny take on the esoteric, touchy-feely side of writing, see Meg Cabot's posting here.)

I'm actually lucky to have found it. I browse the writing section of the bookstore 3-4 times a year and I hadn't run across it before. I found it on the bargain table. It was published in 2004. What am I recommending? Elizabeth George's Write Away.

I'll spend more time explaining why later. But I'm beat right now and I'm going to bed.

No comments: