Monday, March 15, 2010

A Great Writing Seminar!

On Saturday, I went to a Georgia Writers' Association monthly meeting. Ellen Taber,author and professor at Kennesaw State University, was giving a reading from her new book and a seminar on writing cultural histories. It was definitely worth going to hear her! She's a great reader, and her new book sounds very good. It's called Tybee Days: 100 Years on Georgia's Island Playground.

I write both teen novels and non-fiction, so the seminar was right up my alley. If you ever get a chance to hear Ellen Taber speak, I highly recommend going.

1 comment:

Cherie K. Miller said...

Wilena - I agree that it was a terrific seminar. Hearing about writing cultural enthographies or place-based books opened my eyes to a new type of writing. Ellen Taber's speaking about the labor of love about Tybee Days: One Hundred Years on Georgia's Playground Island and Sand Between Our Toes: The Tybee Island Family Photo Album made me want to run right down to the beach!

Cherie K. Miller
President,
Georgia Writers Assn.
@enjoywriting